Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby Blues

When I was getting discharged from the hospital with Lacey the nurse came in and was giving us the discharge instructions. She said, "Now about baby blues. If you are crying for two weeks and upset that is completely normal. You have hormones and two kids. If you are still feeling that way after two weeks, you need to talk to someone about it to get help with any depression that might creep in." About a week later I was sitting with Taylor and I told him how lucky we were to have a week old baby that let us sleep and barely cried. Taylor's reply was "yeah I'm glad she doesn't have baby blues like they talked about in the hospital!" At first I thought he was joking. But he was dead serious. He thought the nurse was telling us that the baby could only cry for two weeks! It was hilarious.

I have spent the last 3 days alone with both girls. Saturday was fairly easy and Taylor came home at night after Madeline was in bed, but atleast I got some adult interaction. Yesterday was just about hell. Madeline screamed for almost 2 hours during naptime. She got mad at me and hid under her bed and screamed she wanted my mom and Taylor. She harrassed the baby and dogs. Her inside voice is now a scream. I was miserable all day. Today has been worse. She has trashed her room during naptime. She has just been mean to me, Lacey and the dogs. I could probably do okay with all of that except for the fact I have a 3 week old baby that wants to be held and loved on. Which is impossible to do when I am trying to give Madeline the attention she needs. So I feel both aren't getting their needs satisfied.

I don't have the baby blues, more like the 2 year old blues haha. I knew it would be this way because Madeline is a fairly demanding child. I have said since I was pregnant I wish I could just have Lacey be a year old and have an extra year with her as a one year old. That way they could interact with eachother. Still when I have the small looks of Madeline piling the play food on Lacey's swing I know it will be worth it because they will be best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment