Sunday, November 29, 2009

Crafting Attempts

As probably everyone who wanders into this blog has figured out my husband is in the Coast Guard. For our family that means he works 24 hours on/24 hours off and everyother weekend. And by working I mean gone away from the house for a full two days. So that means pretty much half of the week its just Madeline and I, and the other have we have a husband/daddy around. I am insanely afraid of the dark and hate nights that Taylor isn't sleeping here (and of course I miss him during the day too!) but I have finally started to accept this is military life and I am getting used to it. So half of my nights I have a lot of free time (Madeline goes to sleep between 7 and 8.. I go to bed usually between 12 and 1.) I'm not a tv watcher so a lot of my time has been spent reading crafty people's blogs. So I have decided to try my hand at it and I made my very first Christmas ragamuffin garland! I am still going to hang an ornament or two on it, I just haven't decided which one yet. I tied mine around the lamp that is beside my front door. Although it isn't as full as I had hoped (I cut my strips too short evidentially) for my first attempt I am very pleased!




Note: This table would normally be filled with my little odd collections, but my 15 month old enjoys taking all of those things off this shorter table. So it is bare..

No comments:

Post a Comment